Take the leap

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Welcome to my new blog...

I am thrilled to have this place, to share and reflect and give back some of what is given to me throughout a given day. I can't wait to see where this leads!

Yesterday, we hosted the 5th Annual Matt Kell Memorial Golf Tournament benefitting the New Day Foundation for Families which is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. New Day is dedicated to helping the families of young children, like our own, who have lost a parent to cancer. Check us out at FoundationForFamilies.com to learn more. We had a perfect day for golf, celebrating life and sharing the blessings we've been given so that we may "love our neighbors as ourselves".

It is my joy and privilege to serve in this way. Taking what is given in this life (the good, the bad and the ugly) and using it to serve the greater good... that is what we are called to do. Taking couple hundred people along for the ride makes it that much more fun! Thank you to everyone who sponsored, golfed, auctioned and donated in any way! Special thanks to: WDIV, NBC Universal, HGTV, Tipping Point Solutions, DPro Marketing, Birmingham and Seyferth Families, BSP Law Offices and St. James Mortgage Corp. for being our top sponsors!

Next up: My husband, Michael, and I are co-authoring a memoir that will be in bookstores a year from now. It's the story of how and why we, along with our five kids, were able to laugh and love again after losing our first spouses/parent to cancer. Growing new hearts is simple with faith and generosity. We have been surrounded by both and I hope through this blog I will be able to carry forward some of the remarkable gifts that have been given to me.

With love,

gina

2 comments:

  1. Hi Gina, I just stumbled on this tonight. How nice to see what you are up to.

    I too am writing a blog, actually two blogs but they are for work. If you are interested in all the news in Sleeping Bear Dunes you should follow me. There is actually some pretty interesting stuff I write thehomesteadresort.com/blog and sleepingbeardunes.com/blog.

    p.s. I'm entering the world of grandparenthood. We got some great news last month from Matt & Alex.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Giving thanks for a successful New Day Golf Outing and all the blessings that New Day provides to these families! Thank you for being so faithful to God's calling!! Wish we could have been there with you!

    ReplyDelete